Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety Layout

7.25.2010


I wanted to try something today that was a little more third dimensional. I found a layout that I liked from Nancola's gallery at Scrapbook.com and wanted to try this out for myself. I used papers from my favorite, Cosmo Cricket. First I drew a circle and cut out "pie slices" starting from the center and working my way out. Then gently folded over each section. 







I used glue dots to keep each section from rolling up and added a button to each end. Then, I attached my background paper - like so...



For the photo, I cut frayed edges and a pinwheel style flower then added more buttons to represent the flower stem. 


Here is a close up of the finished layout. This photo of my son was taken after a fun day at the park. After taking about a dozen too many photos, he finally had enough and this expression was all I could get out of him. It's one of those photos that makes me laugh at his honesty!


1 comment:

  1. You did a FANTASTIC job on this! and thanx for the shout out!!! Great use of colors and papers to bring this to life!

    ReplyDelete