Summer Time and the Living Is Easy

7.10.2010



It's summer time and I am craving some good ol' fashion sunshine. I created these scrapbooks of my children last year. Seeing them again makes me want to head to the beach and feel the sand in my toes, the warm sun on my skin and the wind in my hair (but only if I have a brush with me cause I can't stand my hair in knots). 

Thinking back on this day last year, I remember taking my kids to the beach and bringing along my camera. I ended up taking over 200 photos that day - just sitting on the sand, capturing every moment of them as they played in the waves and I soaked up the sun.

I love the summer time. It's a time to slow down, relax, enjoy the freedom of an open schedule. It's a break from the day-to-day, that rush to school, that stop at the grocery store after a long day at work, that "kids, it's time for homework" or "brush your teeth cause it's time for bed!" 

That's why the song goes....summer time and the living is easy. And I'm enjoying every minute!

1 comment: