Another Doily Card (And My Own Scraplift)

8.26.2010

Happy Thursday! For me, Thursday is the last day of the work week - just one more day until another lovely 3-day weekend! Aaah! But enough about that. On to the fun stuff...

Now I mentioned in my last post that doilies are popping up everywhere lately. So of course I wanted to challenge myself to make another doily card. Last time, I created the doily using stamps - to mix it up, I decided to use a digital scrapbook kit to create a hybrid doily card.

For this card I chose patterned paper, mini flowers, and a vintage looking doily from Danielle Engebretson. This is what I came up with...


I love that Danielle's kit included stitching! I was able to resize the stitching to fit the dimension of my card in Photoshop and print directly onto the cardstock. I couldn't ask for an easier project!

Then, I simply added my satin ribbon, layered up those pretty Prima flowers and added some small little jewels onto the flowers from the kit. Oooh! Aaaah!


When I was done, I looked back at my card. All proud of myself. Then thought, "Hey, wait a minute! This card looks almost exactly like the card I made the other day! I just scraplifted myself!!!"

So either I ran out of ideas and didn't know it. Or my first doily card was just worth repeating again. Too funny!


Patterned Paper: Golden Harvest by Danielle Engebretson (available at the Digichick)
Fabric Flowers: Prima Marketing
Sentiment: Spiral Bouquet from Papertrey Ink


No comments:

Post a Comment