Back to School

8.23.2010

Can you believe summer is almost over? In just two days, the kids will be back in school. Back to the crazy schedule, back to making school lunches, doing homework, and early bedtime. I'm gonna miss these summer days. Sigh!

Anyway, to turn my frown upside down, I decided to embrace back to school. To get me in the mood, I made my daughter a card to wish her the best of luck in her new adventures as a 7th grader (sheesh, where has the time gone?).


After applying all my papers and embellies, I added some ric rak ribbon around the edges. I love this ribbon glue - it dries quickly and sticks perfectly!


For my last little detail, I used this cute little A+ stamp from Papertrey Ink onto cardstock and cut it out to apply onto my card. 


And now for the close up. Thanks for looking!



Patterned Paper: Monday paper from the Girl Friday line by Cosmo Cricket
Other Paper: white grid paper
Glimmer Mist: Wild Currant from Tattered Angels
Stamps: It's Official from Papertrey Ink
Ink: Raspberry Fizz and Fresh Snow from Papertrey Ink
School Elements: Hittin' the Books Paper Stack from DCWV
Ric Rak Ribbon: Velvet Pink from American Crafts


No comments:

Post a Comment