Cosmo Cricket Togetherness Card & Tutorial: Tattered Edges

8.29.2010


Have you seen the new Togetherness line from Cosmo Cricket? It's now on my list as a favorite! The colors are cheerful, the chipboard elements are fun, and the creative ideas that are running through my head are endless! I can't wait to make more with these papers. 

So I thought I'd show you how I make the tattered edges around some of my cards. I'm sure there are many, many different ways of doing this, but this is how I do it...


I start with my patterned papers and use chalk ink around the edges. I usually prefer a basic brown or chestnut color - it seems to look good and aged around the edges. 


Then, I take a small amount of water and set aside to work with. I dip my fingers in the water and run my fingers along the edges of the paper. But just very lightly! You don't want to add too much or it will soak right through!


While the edges are nice and wet, I used my fingernail to push the edges inward. Then I take my finger and randomly press down along the freshly curled-up edge. After a few minutes, the paper hardens and the edges stay curled. It ends up looking tattered and torn - I love this look!


Once the papers are dry, you can adhere your other patterned papers. I chose to add a stamped sentiment from the Spiral Bouquet set from Papertrey Ink. 


Then I prepared my heat embossing tools to create the stem for the flowers. I used brown ink for my stamp and a metallic copper embossing powder and placed it onto cardstock. After using the heat embossing tool, I cut out my stem and added to my card with foam tape for dimension. Then I used those cute little daisies from K&Company.

Here is the close up...I love how it turned out!


Patterned Paper: Pinwheels from Togetherness line by Cosmo Cricket
Daisies: Wild Saffron Daisies from K&Company
Sentiment: Spiral Bouquet from Papertrey Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment