Creative Team News!

8.13.2010


Cards are generally supposed to be something you give to someone else to celebrate a special occasion or to offer sentiments, right? Well in this case, I wanted to congratulate myself on being selected to become a new Creative Team member for The Hybrid Chick! Yesiree! In honor of my new status I made a card to myself (hee hee)! Well, actually I had no other purpose for using that cute congratulations sentiment so why not make it to myself? 

If you don't know about the The Hybrid Chick, it's a team of crafty artists who use digital scrapbook elements from The Digichick to create a clever combination of digital and traditional scrapbooks, cards, or just about any kind of craft. It's the perfect combination of my love for Photoshop and my love of paper, scissors, and glue. 

So during my assignment each month I will create fun little projects with a step-by-step details and post it at the Hybrid Chick blog. And man-oh-man, I have so many ideas to share! I can't wait to get started. Thanks, Nicole for having faith in me and giving me this awesome opportunity!


For this card, I attached patterned paper from Basic Grey onto cardstock. Then I used a border punch from Martha Stewart (notice this border is double sided?) and attached to the paper on the top and bottom. Next, I added this gorgeous yellow flower ribbon from American Crafts and added sweet little buttons using glue dots (can't scrap without 'em!).

And again, I used those little tiny jeweled stickers on the butterflies, which took me forever to apply because they are so small. Remind me not to do that anymore. Last, I added a "congratulations" sentiment in honor of my new Creative Team status! Go Kim! (hee hee)


Patterned Paper: Patchwork Quilt by Basic Grey
Border Punch: Doily Lace Trim Double Border Punch by Martha Stewart
Ribbon: Rose Ribbon in Butter from American Crafts
Other: pink buttons, jewel stickers, congratulations rub-on

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Congratulations and welcome to The Hybrid Chick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelleigh for the welcome! I think I might have to try one of your beautiful templates. I feel an inspiration spark from your designs.

    ReplyDelete