Girls Just Wanna Have Cards

8.04.2010


Hello friends!  Today I want to share this card that only took me a few minutes to make. It's totally girly with a little bit of grunge (I explain why below). I decided to show you my creative process as I really didn't have any idea where I was going with this when I started. All I knew is I felt like making a fun, bright card with some sort of flower cluster. For not having a sketch or plan, I am so happy with how this turned out!


First, I used Kraft paper for the main body of the card. Bright pink cardstock for the matting. And a patterned paper for the background.


I decided that the colors were too bright all combined so I used my file to grunge up the edges, then sanded down the paper directly on top. Up close, this effect looks really nice and gives it some texture.


Next, I used the file to ruff up the edges of the pink matting and curled the edges up. Then, I place a pink tulle ribbon around the background and placed it all together. After that, I got in the zone so much that I forgot to take any more photos (lol)! Basically, I added the jewels, flower clusters, letter stickers, and a cute flower pin for the final touch.










Thanks for looking!


Card - Kraft Cardstock by Recollections (Michael's)
Matting - Textured Jewel Cardstock Stack by DCWV (Joann Fabrics)
Background Die - Hittin' the Books Stack (Michael's)
Jewels - Recollections (Michael's)
Flowers - Prima Marketing
Letter Stickers - Tiny Type by Cosmo Cricket

No comments:

Post a Comment