Stamping a Doily

8.24.2010


These days, it appears that doilies are popping up everywhere in the scrapbook world. I see them on cards, layouts and even mini albums shaped like doilies! Recently, I found a great tutorial from Betsy Veldman on how to make your own doilies from stamps. And because I happened to have the same stamps in my stash, I recreated her doilies and scraplifted her card. Thanks for the inspiration and a new way to use my stamps, Betsy! 

Now, if I could just figure out a way to make these waterproof, they would be great little drink coasters! If anyone can figure that out, please let me know!



And the close up. Thanks for stopping by!



Sentiment Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages; Spiral Bouquet from Papertrey Ink
Background Stamps: Background Basics: Tin Types from Papertry Ink
Ink: Raspberry Fizz; Ripe Avocado; and Fresh Snow from Papertrey Ink
Papers: Quite Contrary from My Mind's Eye
Ribbon & Ric Rak: American Crafts

3 comments:

  1. Waterproof? I've looked into coaster making myself to see the many different ways to make coasters and some people laminate the design then cut it out. Then you could mount the laminated piece on some cork and cut the cork. Hope this helps! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would work! Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try soon and can post the results here!

    Your blog is so cute by the way! Love what you did with the storage drawers and binders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. I have an ongoing list of craft ideas 'to do' and just haven't gotten around to making any coasters yet. Can't wait to check back and see yours. Also, Thanks for visiting my blog :D Organized supplies is a must in crafting :)

    ReplyDelete