Think Outside the Frame!

8.31.2010

We've all seen them...those clear acrylic frames that usually display one or two photos. Normally I see them displayed with a single, lonely photo just waiting for some attention. So I decided to think outside the frame and create a layout within the acrylic frame!


I found this frame on sale for only .59 cents - I just couldn't pass that up! Even thought it's supposed to hold two 4"x6" photos, I chose my patterned paper and cut it out to an 8"x6". Then I used matting to frame in my photos (after inking all my edges, of course!).



Then, to add a little dimension I added my chipboard onto the outside of the frame and tied a few pieces of twine.



Now, I turned what would have normally been a boring photo into a creative layout for display! Perfect for my desk at work!



Now, what creative ways can you spiffy up your acrylic frames? Try something new and have some fun!

All products used from Cosmo Cricket
Patterned Papers: Lil' Man in Michevious Max and Jumping Jack
Chipboard: Lil' Man Ready-Set-Chipboard
Letter Stickers: Tiny Type in Red

No comments:

Post a Comment