Traditional Scrapbook Meets Digital

8.18.2010


This card may look like it was created using traditional scrapbook items, but it was actually my first digital card turned hybrid! I can't believe how easy it is to turn a digital scrapbook kit into a traditional design using a little of both elements. 

I created this card using the Tiny Princess digital kit over at Digichick. Using Photoshop, I created a blank template measuring 5"x5" and used the papers from the kit to design my layout. I created my own font for the title and printed out each paper as a separate layer to apply to my cardstock paper.

Now here is where the traditional elements come in to play - I punched out the circle and stamped a green outline around the edge, then stamped the little bunny. Then I used my Copic Markers to color her. And for the final detail, I added pink jewels.

I had so much fun making this. If you haven't tried hybrid scrapbooking, you must! It's surprisingly simple and there are no mess ups because you design it before you print it! Easy does it!

Now, I'm off to try another digicard...

Digitial Papers: Tiny Princess from Sugarplum Paperie at the Digichick
Bunny Stamp: colored with Copic Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment