Water the Flowers (literally)

8.09.2010

I thought I would try something a little different for this layout. Now, I love making handmade flowers. But this time, I gave the flowers some water - literally! 


I cut out little flowers; some are scalloped and some are circles - all different sizes. I inked the edges using Chestnut Brown Chalk Ink. 


Then, I crumpled them all up into a little ball and dunked them into a bowl of water! Then, very very carefully, I squeezed all the water out of the circles and opened them up to air dry. 


I then layered them between foam tape and a few flower petals and added a dot of glitter glue. I love how they turned out. After being dunked in water and then air dried, they are nice and crisp and really look worn. 

I also had to get creative with my title. I really wanted to use brown letters, but I didn't have any that matched. I almost made a run to the store to get some brown letters. I'm so glad I didn't because I love how these letters turned out instead. I used white Thickers and used the same Chestnut Brown Chalk Ink to change the color. I'm lovin' the way the letters look all rustic. 


What interesting ways have you made flowers for your layouts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment