Delovely Card No. 2 (Butterfly)

9.03.2010

Thank goodness for the nice, long, four day weekend ahead of me. I'm looking forward to getting crafty and to start working on my project for the Hybrid Chick blog. But for today, as promised is the second Delovely card I created from Cosmo Cricket. These papers are seriously becoming my favorite! They are so easy to work with and they match most everything I have in my supply stash.


For this card, I created a simple 5"x5" cardstock (when folded) and placed a bright pink cardstock for my matting. Then, I chose the Delicious patterned papers as the background and inked the edges.


For my butterfly, I used a Jenni Bowlin chipboard to cut my patterned paper in the same shape. I then took a scrap paper and cut out the middle part of the butterfly to adhere. I used my white gel pen to add stitching between the two papers so they seemed to flow into each other as one piece. 


To complete the butterfly, I used my scalloped punch on an old book page and added that cute flower brad from K&Company. I used Zva Creative jewels and pearls and repeated my stamped sentiment across the bottom. 


Want to see the next Delovely card I made? Come back tomorrow to see how I altered a lace doily for my card. Until then, enjoy your Friday!


Patterned Papers: Delovely from Cosmo Cricket
Butterfly Die Cut: Jenni Bowlin
Flower Brad: from K&Company
Jewels: Zva Creative
Sentiment: Mega Mixed Messages from Papertry Ink 

1 comment: