Embossing, Doilies, & Jewels - Oh My!

9.05.2010

We are approaching birthday season over at our house. Seems like everyone will be having a birthday soon. So I have been busy stocking up on birthday cards. Starting out, my daughter's friend will be having her birthday first so we decided to create a very girly card for her, because that's just what she is - very girly! Plus, she loves coming over to look at all the cards I make. 



For her card, I did a zig zag emboss at the edges and used my circle punch at each corner for a different kind of look. Each corner is stamped with Papertrey Ink's Spiral Bouquet stamp set. I added background paper from My Mind's Eye and also used the circle punch for the corners. 

Then, I found a small white doily and used my new VersaMagic ink in Sea Breeze to change the color. This ink has the best quality for doing such things and it dried very quickly! Then I used foam tape to add my "Make A Wish" sentiment, tied a satin bow and added two pins through it. Last, I added that pretty jewel flourish from Zva Creative - of course! 

TIP: I typically cut my Zva Creative flourishes to a smaller size for cards. Then, I save some money because I use one flourish several times. The flourish used from this card was cut and used in four different cards. Notice those three little jewels on the sentiment? They came from the same set. And I still have a few individual jewels left over.




Patterned Papers and Sentiment: Quite Contrary from My Mind's Eye
Jewels: Zva Creative
Doily: VersaMagic in Sea Breeze by Tsukineko
Embossing: Cuttlebug
Flower Stamps: Spiral Bouquet from Papertrey Ink


No comments:

Post a Comment