Halloween Card Using Copics

9.22.2010


Another fun stamp set arrived in my mailbox from Papertrey Ink. This set is called "Spooky Treats II" and I have used it on so many little projects in preparation for Halloween. This is definitely my new favorite stamp set! 

For this card, I started with black cardstock and used a large circle punch to remove the center piece. I then stamped white cobwebs at random on the cardstock and used orange embroidery thread to stitch the edges. 

Next, I used the same circle punch to cut out a circle from white cardstock. I then stamped the circle flourish in orange ink and colored the rest with Copic markers to create a moonlight effect. Last, I stamped the black cat onto the moon and once again onto another white paper and cut him out removing his tail and wiskers. I then used foam tape to make him pop off the card for dimension. 

Then, I applied the orange circle to my cardbase first and used foam tape to add the black paper directly on top. Now it really looks third dimensional!

Cardstock: Bazzil Basics
Copic Markers: Y38 Honey and YR07 Cadmium Orange

1 comment:

  1. You really rocked this halloween card...fabulous! We'd love it if you considered entering some of your pretty projects in our challenges at Papercraft Star and there is still time to get in on our $25.00 gift certificate too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/lets-celebrate-early-enter-our-2500.html

    ReplyDelete