Halloween Vintage Style Postcard

9.15.2010


If you're like me, then you are inspired by all things vintage. There is something about the muted colors, the tattered edges, and the imperfections that are, well....perfect! I wanted to recreate that vintage look when making this Halloween card. 

Now, I didn't dare want to alter this original postcard so instead I scanned it and printed it onto cardstock. Then I used mod podge to add a protective coating and to prevent any ink bleeds. After the mod podge dried, I mixed a few drops of white paint with water and added a few thin coats over the postcard wiping off with a towel after each application. I was really surprised at how quickly this dried and I love the soft muted effect it gives. I will definitely try this technique again!

The layout of this card is really simple. I laid down my background paper, then adhered my postcard, a strip of vintage lace and cut out a scalloped black border to adhere on the bottom. For my last detail, I tied an orange satin bow, added a vintage pale blue button and two orange sewing pins. 

Now, I hope you're inspired to create your own vintage card! If so, send me a link - I'd love to see it!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy since the last time I popped in! Love this vintage card, love love love your Disneyland mini album and your Restoration layout is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Thanks, Tanya! You're too sweet! Yes, I have been busy making some fun projects. I'm on a roll (lol)!

    ReplyDelete