Responding to Email

9.27.2010


I just love reading all of your comments and emails! It means a lot to me that my readers take the time to talk to me about their favorite hobby, new technique, or just to ask me a question! So tonight I wanted to write this post in response to some emails I've recently received...

Hi Susan! As promised, I have taken a photo of the stamp set and stickers I used to create the two cards in the photos below. In the first card, the little bird came from a Martha Stewart sticker set called, "Gnome & Woodland Stickers." In the second card, I used the Trick or Treat banner from a Halloween clear stamp set from Michael's - it's their Recollections brand. 


Shown below is the Halloween stamp set and the leftover stickers I still have from the Gnome & Woodland set. I found each one at Michael's. 


Next, Melissa wanted to know what type of die cut I used for the above Trick or Treat card...

Hi Melissa! It's funny because even though I own a Cuttlebug die cut machine, the shape in the center of the Trick or Treat card was hand-cut with an X-acto knife. My little secret is that sometimes I will save packaging if it has an interesting shape. Then I used it as a template to cut out and use as a banner or background for my cards. The cool part is that I can reuse the template over and over and it saves me a little money too - nothing wrong with that! 

Thanks to both Susan and Melissa for your emails! It was so nice to meet you both!



No comments:

Post a Comment