Halloween Treat Pockets with Crate Paper

10.28.2010


I remembered that I never posted these on my blog, although I did make them some time ago. So, here are my super-duper-easy-to-make Halloween treat pockets using Crate Paper's Restoration line and stamps from Papertrey Ink. These pockets were inspired my Melissa Phillips who was inspired my Michelle Wooderson. So I'm really not sure who to give the credit to for this adorable little gift idea - but both ladies are incredibly talented. Now, on to the how-to...


First, I took a 12"x12" Kraft cardstock and sliced it right down the center at 6" wide. Then, I folded the bottom about 4.5" and machine-stitched around the bottom and sides to create a little pocket. 


The fun part was using the Restoration papers to decorate the pockets. These papers are so beautiful and are double-sided so it made mixing and matching the papers a breeze. To make the patterned papers fit inside the pockets, I simply measured about 1/4" smaller than the stitching. Although, you could stitch directly over the patterned paper if you choose, but I guess I didn't think of that until it was said and done.


I used Papertrey Ink's Spooky Sweets II stamp set to stamp the spider in the corner and the quote on top, "Best if eaten before October 31." I added a lacey trim, a satin bow, and the border at the bottom are stickers from the Restoration line. Like I said, super-duper-easy-to-make.


Last, I used glassine bags (also from Papertrey Ink), stamped some cute little spider webs directly onto the bags, then used a tab punch to adhere to the bag. I inked around the edge of the tab to make it look a little Halloweenish (yes, I know that's not a real word) and stamped "Eat at your own risk" in black ink. 


Now I have some fun little treat pockets that I will fill to the brim with candy and give them as special gifts for my family. And because they were so easy to make, I might just save this idea to use later for the holidays - I'm thinking cookies, peppermint, gingerbread....oooh the possibilities!

Thanks for stopping by and again for all your comments that just make me smile!

1 comment: