Merry & Bright

10.30.2010


I know it's not even Halloween yet, but I am super excited for Christmas time! I was in the mood to create a little holiday card based on the Laura's sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You. This card is a little different because I am not typically fond of traditional green and red colors during the holidays. My Christmas tree is typically white with vintage mercury glass ornaments in pink, turquoise, or pale green colors. This card reminds me of my tree. I just love it!


I used Rustic Cream cardstock embossed in snowflakes. I highlighted the raised parts of the embossed snowflakes in a shimmery pale pink color (it's hard to see from the photo, but boy-oh-boy, is it pretty in person). 


I used my brand new stamps, Merry Little Christmas, from Papertrey Ink. I wanted soft, muted colors, yet still bright and cheery. To accomplish this look I first inked my stamps extra wet, then stamped onto scratch paper first - then, without reapplying the ink, I stamped directly onto my patterned paper. 


I added some lace trim on the side and Pure Poppy Baker's Twine around the border. Last, I grabbed some white tissue paper, ran it through my flower die cut in several layers, spritzed it with S.W.A.K. Glimmer Mist, and a Sweet Blush button from Papertrey Ink. 

Oh! And I almost forgot....I added some mica flakes in between the tree branches and on the snowy hill. Good 'ol Martha Stewart just has everything a crafty girl could ever need!

Thank you so much for looking and have a happy Halloween tomorrow! Be safe!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww this is darling! I love the sparkle :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is so beautiful, Kim!!! i adore it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable!!!! Love the colors and the flower is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is super sweet! I love that image, and you embellished it so beautifully with your baker's twine, lace, and flower. It turned out really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete