Spooky Sweets In a Mason Jar

10.31.2010


Happy Halloween! Today, I know you are all busy getting the kids costumes ready and carving your pumpkins. So I feel extra special that you found time to stop by my blog today! I wanted to share with you a special treat our family made for Halloween - homemade strawberry jam! And my-oh-my it is yummy! And because it is not possible to do a taste test over the blogosphere, I am more than happy to send you the recipe. 


Canning jars is so much fun but took a little team work. We all had a blast cutting up the strawberries. Of course we had to sample them as we went along, just to be sure they were yummy (*wink). 


Other than having a belly full of strawberries, the best part was decorating the jars. As a paper crafter, how could I resist? I used orange cardstock and Spooky Sweets II stamps from Papertrey Ink, some gorgeous plaid fabric (in the best colors for Halloween) and tied it all together with a black satin bow. Super easy, right? I think so!


Now, I have already given out a jar to my friends and family. We even ate all our supply within a few days. We had jam on pancakes, biscuits, and on our toast for breakfast. So fresh, it was amazing. And being that we live right next door to the strawberry capital of the world, we had the best, most ripe pick of the season. 

If anyone wants this recipe, just leave me a comment and I will gladly email it to you. Something this good is worth sharing and I am more than happy to share! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy and safe Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. These turned out so beautiful! Strawberry jam is my favorite, and store bought just doesn't compare. I'd love your recipe, if you don't mind sharing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Christiana
    Hi Christiana! Thanks for your comments. Whenever I see your name appear on my blog, you've always been so sweet and sincere. I would love to send you the recipe for my strawberry jam! I'll pop on over to your blog to get your email address and send it right over!

    ReplyDelete