Two Challenges.

10.23.2010



Good morning! I created this card based on Kazan's sketch No. 64 over at 2 Sketches 4 You and combined it with challenge No. 18 at Papercraft Star, who required not a layout, but specific items to include in your card...


  • Create a Thank You themed project; 
  • Use dry embossing; 
  • Use Cricut cartridge or other die cut; 
  • Use metal on your project; 
  • Add anything else you desire
For the dry embossing requirement, I used a woodgrain impression and created a "letterpress" look to it by adding white ink over the plate, then running it through my Cuttlebug. It's very suttle, but you can see it in the next photo. For the die cut requirement, I used a flower die and stamped each petal with two inks. Then you can see my cute little pins met the metal requirement.


Cardstock: Vintage Cream & Sweet Blush; Papertrey Ink
Impression Plate: Woodgrain; Papertrey Ink
Die Cut: Beautiful Blooms II #1; Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Vintage LabelsSpiral Bouquet; Papertrey Ink

9 comments:

  1. This is just one of the prettiest cards I have seen in a long time. I love all the subtlety about it, everything works together beautifully. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star - I am looking forward to seeing what you will bring us in the future !

    ReplyDelete
  2. os wow...so saoft and pretty, I like all of the extra little touches you added such as the pins. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, goregous card - love that flower so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and soft.I love the ink around the edges,it's one of my favourite techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, This card is gorgeous! I love the wood grain embossing and the flower is so pretty! Great work! I am so glad you joined us this week at Papercraft Star!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful!!!! LOVE the woodgrain embossing and pretty flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card!!! Love, love, love the wood grain background and the flower is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love love love it! Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! I love the background and flower
    Thanks so much for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete