You Are A Peach & Exciting News!

10.29.2010


Hello everyone! I wanted to share the newest card I've created while playing along with Papercraft Star and some super exciting news (I'll get to that in a second *wink).  This card was based on an inspirational photo by, who else, but the one that inspires us all - Martha Stewart! 


I kept with the color theme of soft greens and browns, but changed the pear fruit-them with peaches! I just adore fresh peaches with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...oooh yummy! Ok, let me keep on track here. I used a new plaid patterned embossing plate I recently found and used a brown and white checked bow to keep the theme flowing. I just love that embossing plate!


I stamped a peach image that I've been saving and colored it with Copic markers, added a gorgeous leaf and a simple green button. Last, I stamped a beautiful sentiment "You Are A Peach" from Papertrey Ink. 


And now for the part where I tell you my exciting news! Beth, over at Papercraft Star, has asked me if I would be their guest designer for November! Ya-hoo!! I just love the challenges over at their blog. I have won two challenges (so far *wink)  - they give out great prizes and each challenge is so unique. So, I hope you will all join me next week as I reveal my design for their blog. I have my card ready to go but I can't reveal it just yet - you'll have to wait until next week. You're going to love it!

Now I'm off to go enjoy a nice lobster dinner with my family. My mother-in-law has been visiting us from Idaho this week and tonight is her last night before her long drive home [insert sad face here]. But we will be visiting her during Christmas and I can't wait because she has snow! Something we never get here on the coast of California. 

Cardstock: Spring Moss, Fine Linen; Papertrey Ink
Sentiment: Signature Greetings; Papertrey Ink
Grid Paper: Seaside Retreat; Webster's Pages
Plaid Embossing Plate: Basic Grey; Sizzix

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Kimberly Anne is back this week with another fantastic card! Awesome papers, great texture and I love that gingham bow. Congrats on your win last week and on your upcoming GD spot with us. Thanks for playing at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card!! I love it! The colors are great and I am loving that ribbon! YAY!! Congrats! I am glad to have you join us at Papercraft Star! Thank you for playing along this week!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Peaches are so delicious, I only wonder why you would call someone that :) Your card is fresh and beautiful, yet simply shabby. Love it girl!

    hugs,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete