Birthday Gift Package

11.27.2010

Last weekend, my son went to a fun birthday party at a park. They had it all set up for the kids to play Laser Tag and they even had a cotton candy machine. Needless to say it was a great time for the kids!

I really wasn't sure what to send as a birthday gift so I knew I couldn't go wrong with a gift card to Toys R Us. I decided to dress up the gift card by creating a little bag, trying my best to make it appropriate for a boy!


I don't have much variety for a boy themed card. So I ran to my computer and chose a digital kit with boy colors. I printed out digital papers from the retired kit, Vacation to the Moon by Camila Designs. Then, I stamped out a little monster and colored him with Copic markers. 


I also had a scrap piece from a cardboard box. I cut out a piece and use the corrugated piece for my background. I thought it was perfect and added that grungy look - perfect for a little boy. I wrapped some twine to give it a little dimension. 


To dress up the gift card, I used the Mini-Envelopes template from Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs over at The Digi Chick. This is a perfect template to keep around for those last minute gifts or cards! It's so convenient too because you can adjust the size to fit almost anything!


Here is my son at the party, enjoying some cotton candy. Doesn't he look silly with that headband around his head? I just love the way his hair flopped over the edges! What a ham! They used the headband to attach the sensors for the laser tag. 


And here is my little guy running around the boulder trying to hide so he didn't get hit. He hid out most of the game but finally got hit and had to sit out. He had a blast! But I think I had more fun watching him use "hiding" as his game strategy. That's my boy!

* * * * * * * * * 

Don't forget that tomorrow I will announce the winner of my blog giveaway as part of the Papercraft Star Thanksgiving Week Blog Hop. You still have until the end of today to join in on the hop. You can see the details in my post here or start from the beginning at Papercraft Star. You could win an awesome blog candy or Grand Prize from My Favorite Things Stamps

Glassine Bag: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (Vacation to the Moon) Digital Kit by Camila Designs
Envelope: (Mini-Envelope Template) Kelleigh Ratzlaff at The Digi Chick
Stamps: (My Little Monsters) Michael's; (Bake Me a Cake) Lawn Fawn
Markers: Copic

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous gift!!!
    I love the cardboard...perfect touch!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute! I love the little monster on the cardboard, it goes together perfectly!

    I have a blog award for you on my blog =] http://alltarynne.blogspot.com/2010/11/for-me.html

    ReplyDelete