Color Challenge CR84FN4

11.16.2010


Good morning, rise and shine! I have another card to share with you that I created for the color challenge going on over at Mona Pendleton's blog - Cupcake's Creations Color Challenge 4. When I saw that the challenge was full of purple colors I immediately remembered that used to be my favorite color when I was a little girl. I used to have these purple dress shoes - you know, the kind of dress shoes with the bow on the toes. I wore those shoes everywhere, even while riding my bike. And I didn't care where I wore them because they were the best color ever and that's all that mattered!


Anyway, I used my new stamp set that I won from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog, called Rescue Remedies. I just love, love, love them! Thanks for sending them to me, Lisa! The stamps are Spellbinder compatible too - how clever is that? To make my card, I used Mitten Weather from Cosmo Cricket and Distressed Dots from Papertrey Ink - added some scalloped punches, machine stitching, and a simple bow. I completed the card with some cute little daisy flowers and small purple gems.


Don't you just love that label? I want to use it again soon to put on a bottle of bubble bath. It has such a vintage, Victorian feeling to it and I just love the font!


So if you're ready to add some purple to your creations, head over to Mona's blog to play. Here is the color inspiration with photos from Leslie at creative MINT. She has a gorgeous blog full of lovely photos and inspiration!


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Very sweet Kim. Love the different colrs of pruple you used. They look so pretty with that WM stamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Kim! I love your story about your purple shoes as a little girl! How precious. Love all the layers, pretty flowers and stamped image! Thanks so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this project ROCKS. I don't think I have stopped by to congratulate on joining the DT at Papercraft Star and for that I apologize! So glad to have you with us and I look forward to working with you over the next six months too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one pretty, pretty card! From the tiny thumbnail on Mona's blog, I knew I had to visit this post! Thank you for sharing, it's gorgeous!

    hugs,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty!!! I love all the flowers and the sentiment is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am wondering what fonts you used on the label.

    ReplyDelete