Count Your Blessings

11.12.2010


There are many people in my life that I don't thank enough for being there for me. People that have always been there for me - no matter what. With the holidays approaching, it really reminds me that I need to make those people in my life feel special for all they have given to me. Life, opportunity, love, and togetherness - they are truly a blessing to me and I couldn't image being without them. 

I wanted to share this card I made for someone who is very special to me, but lives so far away - my grandma. She is someone who has always shown me unconditional support and understanding through all of life's ups and downs. Because we don't get to be face-to-face with each other everyday, I thought I would send her a hand-made card to remind her what she means to me. 


I just love these frames from Tattered Angels. This is the second card I've created using this frame - and I'm sure it won't be the last one either! They are so versatile because you can mist, ink, sand, or color them to match any thing you create! However, for this card I chose to leave it alone. 


I was really proud of this card, not just because of the design, but because I managed to find matching papers from my scrap stash - yep! This means I did not have to use any new sheets of paper. I might have to add this to my New Year's Resolution....use-my-leftover-paper-scraps!

Anyway, I'm off to go find some stamps now and have this card mailed off to my grandma for tomorrow. I already feel happy knowing it will make her smile. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

Cardstock: Rustic Cream; Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Distressed Dots, Autumn Abundance; Papertrey Ink
Sentiment: Signature Greetings; Papertrey Ink
Flower: Prima
Butterfly: Classic Butterfly Punch; Martha Stewart
Kraft paper, pearls, and lace doily: Michael's

2 comments:

  1. WOW Kim, what a beautiful card! I agree, we don't thank those around us enough and I'm sad to see that Christmas is starting to overpower Thanksgiving! I hope that we will all take time to think about how blessed we all are and remember to GIVE THANKS! TFS, Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. I *heart* this colors and your layout is fab! Your gran is sure to adore this thoughtful card. :)

    ReplyDelete