Guest Designer Reveal for Papercraft Star

11.03.2010

Hello everyone! I have something exciting to share with you this morning - my big reveal as the November Guest Designer over at Papercraft Star! I can't tell you how happy I am for this invitation and to be chosen for this special appearance on their blog.

I have participated in three challenges so far at Papercraft Star, and (hee hee) have won all three! I just love their challenges - each one is so unique and gives me the freedom to come up with my own designs based on inspirational photos, "simon says" challenges, and theme-based projects! The variety is endless. How cool is that? If you haven't participated in one of their challenges yet, I have just one question....what are you waiting for? Head on over, have some fun, and maybe you will be the next Papercraft Star!

For my November reveal I chose to play with Challenge No. 20. Here are the details:

"Simon Says Make a Card"
Base 4.5 x 5.5
Double Mat #1: cut at 3 3/8 x 4 5/8
   with another color cut at 3 1/4 x 4 1/4
Double Mat #2: cut at 2 3/4 x 4
   with another color cut at 2 3/4 x 2 1/2 
Add Ribbon 
Add Button(s) 
Add Punch or Die Cut 
(Add anything else you would like to add)

And here is my reveal...


I decided to create a Christmas holiday card based on the challenge. I started by embossing snowflakes onto my card base, then inked the raised parts in white to really make them pop off my pale pink cardstock. Next, I cut all my patterned papers according to the "simon says" directions and layered them onto the card base.


To meet the ribbon and die cut requirement, I added a silver ribbon and folded it into a large, yet simple pleat. I tucked the ribbon under my poinsettia flower and pink snowflake die cut. Then, I added a small button with twine. I just love creating these little clusters of goodies for embellishments!


Then I couldn't resist but to add one more die cut....so I stamped the ice skate onto my patterned paper and ran the die cut through my Cuttlebug. Last, I added my sentiment. And because this card was so easy to create, I can see its potential to be mass produced and used for my holiday greeting cards this season! What do you think? 

Thank you for stopping by to see my big reveal! If this is your first time here, please leave me a comment so I can meet you by visiting your blog too. I hope I've inspired you for this challenge at Papercraft Star - I can't wait to see what you create! 

And thank you Beth, for this amazing opportunity! 

Cardstock: Sweet Blush II, Vintage Cream; Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Lost & Found; My Mind's Eye
Stamp and Die Cut: On Ice; Papertrey Ink
Embossing Plate and Snowflake Die: Basic Grey; Sizzix
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug; Tsukineko
Button and Twine: Papertrey Ink

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you are the guest designer this week at Papercraft Star! Your card is beautiful! I love the use of untraditional colors and the designer papers are beautiful! Thanks for sharing you talent with us!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad that you are the guest designer this week! You have such a cute blog! I love it! Such a cute card! I love the pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for designing a darling card for us this week at Papercraft Star ! We do appreciate it, as do all of our readers.

    ♥Jan♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful! Thank you for being a Guest Designer at Papercraft Star we appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Beautiful colors too! Thanks so much for guest designing for us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete