Hello, Letter!

11.06.2010


I really wish that we could all go back to the days when we used to go to the mail box and see a hand-written note from a friend. Remember back then? Wasn't it so fun to open a letter and find a special note from a friend you hadn't seen in a while? With technology now we can just send an email, text message, or change your Facebook status. And while I am the first to admit that my Blackberry almost never leaves my hands (that's how I read most of your blog updates...from my phone during my lunch break), I think it would be so nice to bring back the hand-written letter. 

And so...this card is my attempt at doing just that!


Kelly Marie Alvarez from the Lawn Fawn created a super fun challenge over at Everything but the Kitchen Sink Challenge. I decided to participate because for one, I just love Kelly's fun stamps at Lawn Fawn; and two, because the color challenge for me was, well, a challenge! Using grays and blues can be difficult because the colors can tend to be drab if not done correctly. So I hope this card is bright, fun, and makes you feel happy!


For this card, I used Just My Type stamps from Lawn Fawn and some Copic markers. Then I decided to do a pleated ribbon for the bottom as a fun border! I added a gorgeous Prima flower, some cute little flower pins and then spritzed by frame with Electric Blue Glimmer Mist. And viola! A super cute card ready to send in the mail. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you get a chance to send a hand-written letter to someone too - it will definitely make them smile!

Cardstock: Rustic Cream; Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Anna Griffin, Inc. 
Frame & Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels
Stamps: Just My Type; Lawn Fawn
Pins: Fresh Clothesline; Little Yellow Bicycle
Clock: Flea Market; Making Memories



4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! Really and truly. Love the Lawn Fawn goodness, and those colors are some of my faves. The ruffled ribbon adds so much elegance, alongside the primas and pins. Honestly, it couldn't be any prettier if you tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this images is soo cute and love your flower too, very great arrangement with all element...beautifully done...I just Join the EBTKS challenge and my card is number 33, maybe you would like to see my Blog :) many thanks before...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. How CUTE! I love how you used the phone stamp! Thanks so much for joining us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete