Waltzingmouse Sketch 23

11.15.2010



Hello, today I want to share with you an easy-peasy Christmas card I created based on Sketch 23 over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Literally, the card was only one piece of patterned paper and one triangle cut. Now you might be saying, "but I see 3 papers". Well let me tell you, my friend, that the red paper at the bottom is really the piece you're suppose to cut off from the bottom and throw away because it contains the name of the paper line. Fortunately for me, the title of the paper was not on the area that I used for this card.


And now for the close ups...I simply added some layers of poinsettia with a green button and twine, a layer of lace, and red pearls in the corner. Plus, this card gave me just the perfect excuse to use the "Merry Christmas" stamp - I just love the font! It has such a vintage feeling!


And here is the sketch I played along with. If you'd like to play along, just hop on over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch blog and submit your creation!
I have lots of projects to share with you the rest of this week, so be sure to stop by again. And as always, thanks for stopping by and for all your amazing comments you share with me!


Cardstock: Rustic Cream; Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: Tinsel & Twig; The Girl's Paperie
Flower: Recollections; Michael's
Stamp: Merry Christmas sentiment; Michael's

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful design. Love the details:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! So fun and festive! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lace and the dotted DP! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, love the flower and fab colors!

    ReplyDelete