Waltzingmouse Sketch 25

11.30.2010


Hello everyone! I have to admit that I had a hard time waking up this morning. It must be the turkey residuals from this past long, but wonderful weekend. I wish I could just capture those kinds of weekends in a bottle and have them anytime I wanted - wouldn't that be nice?

Anyway, even though I'm barely having my morning cup of coffee before heading out for another hard day's work, I wanted to share with you a card I created last night for Sketch 25 over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. I really love their sketches - there are so many ways to interpret them and really make them your own. Everyone who plays along creates such pretty cards and I enjoy seeing everyone's entries throughout the week. 


For my card, I printed out some digital papers from The Digi Chick and used stamps from Papertrey Ink - a true hybrid project if I do say so myself! I love the flexibility of digital papers because you're able to change the size of the graphics to fit the size of your card. Plus, the supply is endless! Buy once and keep printing!

I used white twill ribbon that I stained a pale green color, then added some splotches to make it look vintage. Last, I added some jingle bells to make it fun!

And here is the sketch I played along with...
Thanks for stopping by and now it's off to work I go! Don't forget to come back tomorrow for my big reveal as I present my first Design Team project for Papercraft Star's Challenge 23. Here's a hint...tag, you're it!


Cardstock: (Spring Moss) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (A Vintage Christmas) Mari Koegelenberg;
(A Time of Wonder) Danielle Engebretson - The Digi Chick
Stamps and Die Cut: (On Ice) Papertrey Ink

4 comments:

  1. I remember how 'chilling' it was when we'd skate on a local pond as a kid - somehow that was all part of the excitement! a lovely winter card! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete