Winter in the 'Burbs Holiday Tags

11.07.2010


Hello everyone! I hope your weekend is going well. I've been getting a head start on some of my Christmas shopping and decided that some hand-made holiday tags would be a fun idea to include with all my gifts! Here are a few that I made the other night while nibbling on some Halloween candy (ssshhhh...don't tell my kiddos). 


I created these using three different Lawn Fawn stamp sets: Winter Bunny, Critters in the 'Burbs, and Frosties. I cut out my tags using Tag #1 die cut from Papertrey Ink. For my patterned papers, I chose Distressed Dots from Papertrey Ink.

Ok, now for the fun part! I started with the Winter Bunny stamp by coloring her with Copic markers - doesn't she look so cute riding the little red sled? I added a white lacey border, mica flakes (for fresh snow), and stamped the borders with Frosties snowflakes.


Next, I used the little dog stamp from Critters in the 'Burbs but used the scarf from Winter Bunny, just flipped upside down. Genius, if I do say so myself! (hee hee!) After all, we wouldn't want this little guy to get cold!


For this last tag, I used the adorable little cat from Critters in the 'Burbs and also added the same Winter Bunny scarf. My daughter helped to color the cat's scarf, but that was only because I had finished my Halloween candy snack and cleared up the evidence!


I have to admit that making these tags was really fun for me! It might be the Halloween candy buzz I had or maybe it's because making tags are just like making little mini-cards. Either way, I am going to have lots of fun this month creating tags for my Christmas gifts and sharing them here with you!

Be sure to check out Melissa's "Tag You're It Link Party" featuring, what else, but more super fun TAGS!


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Kraft Cardstock: Michael's
Patterned Papers: Distressed Dots; Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Winter Bunny, Critters in the 'Burbs, Frosties; Lawn Fawn
Markers: Copic
Ribbon: American Crafts
Mica Flakes: Martha Stewart
Die Cut: Tag #1; Papertrey Ink

10 comments:

  1. Such adorable tags! Love the trims you used for each one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I made a fall card using Winter Bunny's scarf just last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christiana
    Christiana, your fall card is just too adorable! You have some amazing cards! I left some comment love on your blog. I'll be sure to keep checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kathy Martin
    Kathy, I had no idea that you were the "Kathy" who creates over at Two Peas! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kimberly Anne, thank you so much for youre reaction on my blog. The flower on the minibook is one of ten flowers I make during a workshop. All ten flowers will be placed in the minibook. The colour of the flower is "a happy mistake"!! How to make the flower you can see on the blog of Tim Holtz.
    I love your creations, thats why I'm a follower!!

    greetings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww these cute little tags made me smile. So adorable. And thank you so much for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable - thanks for linking up! If you visit my blog you can grab a Tag Linky Party button so your readers can find out about the other tags!

    Melissa
    http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! Love the trim work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!!! Awesome!!!
    I love the copic coloring...the layers and dimension!!!
    Fabulous!!!!
    Newest follower...right here!!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete