The Big Reveal! Papercraft Star Challenge 25 Opens!

12.15.2010




Hello everyone! Have we got a fun challenge for you over at Papercraft Star! Today, Challenge 25 opens and I am super excited about it! I had so much fun playing along with the inspirational photo. I had so many ideas for different cards I wanted to create. I finally settled on this one and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! 

Create a Card, Layout, Gift or Tag using this photo as inspiration.
(Photograph from Martha Stewart Living)


The winner of this challenge will have a Guest Designer spot at Papercraft Star! 
How cool is that?


I was really inspired by the Christmas tree in this photo. I used the green color as the primary color for my card, then pulled the color of the red ornaments in the tree as my secondary color. My favorite part about this card are the clustered embellishments. While going through my holiday decorations, I found a few odds and ends that I knew would work perfect for some greeting cards. I really love the pipe cleaner candy cane!


I used patterned papers from The Girl's Paperie Tinsel and Twig line. The label was created from a die cut and stamps from Papertrey Ink and layered onto the card with foam tape. 


I hope you've been inspired to play along with us for this week's challenge! I can't wait to see all of your projects. You have until Saturday, December 18, at noon (eastern standard time) to enter your projects and then voting begins. Now hop on over to Papercraft Star and submit your entry!

Cardstock: (Spring Moss) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Tinsel and Twig) The Girl's Paperie
Stamps and Die Cut: (Mat Stack 1 Collection) (2010 Holiday Tags) Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: MemrieMare
Ink: (Spanish Olive) VersaMagic; (Lady Bug) Memento



9 comments:

  1. Great card Kim, I really love the papers you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. I love the pipe cleaner candy cane. Awesome design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card, Kim! I love the colors you used and that candy cane is adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very tasteful and elegant - the stitching adds just the right touch I think. One of my favorite cards of yours to date !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Kim, it's beautiful! I love the layers and the stitching! That pipe cleaner candy can is so cute! Love it! Merry Christmas!
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly, I am never, ever, ever disappointed when I see your designs... but I have to tell you that this is one of my most favorite of all of your creations! You totally rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Kim! Those stamps are gorgeous. You never know what little treasures you might find when you did through your stuff. LOL Great use for the candy cane. :)

    ReplyDelete