Calendar for the New Year

12.27.2010


Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your family and loved ones. For me, I am enjoying a week off from work with my family and I just couldn't be happier about that! I intend on spending every moment enjoying the restful week, spending time with my family, and catching up on some fun projects. Like this new project I created for the New Year...


It's my turn to bring you a new tutorial for The Hybrid Chick blog. For my project, I created a fun desk calendar for the new year, which is just around the corner! Can you believe it is going to be 2011? Where has the time gone? 


Here at my blog, I am sharing some sneak peak photos. The full tutorial can be seen here at The Hybrid Chick. What is The Hybrid Chick? We are a blog that brings you daily tutorials for amazing projects using digital scrapbook kits from The Digi Chick to create traditional projects using paper, scissors, and glue! Yes, digital scrapbooking can be printed out to create fun projects that you would normally create with scrapbook paper and all your scrapbook craft supplies. For me, it's really the economical way to scrapbook because you can purchase just one kit and reuse it over and over in many different ways. 


My calendar was created using papers from Golden Harvest, a digital kit over at The Digi Chick. I just love the soft, warm colors from this kit. It matches the decor in my home and goes perfectly on my desk. Combined with the Calendar Basics stamp set from Papertrey Ink, this is a true hybrid project!


Here I am showing a sample of one complete page from the calendar and a side view showing the folded base. You can view the full tutorial by clicking here


Join me tomorrow as I announce the winner of my Cosmo Cricket Material Girl Giveaway!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: (Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (Golden Harvest) Mari and Danielle Collaboration Kit at The Digi Chick
Calendar Template: (2011 CD Calendar Template) by Mari at The Digi Chick
Stamps: (Calendar Basics) Papertrey Ink; (Dot Flourishes) Inkadinkado
Die: (Calendar Basics) Papertrey Ink; (Labels 3) Spellbinders
Tools: (Scallop Border Punch) Fiskars; hole punch; metal binder rings; chipboard

3 comments:

  1. Really cute Kim!! I hope you enjoy your time off :)
    Best Wishes to you in the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Kim. I need to make a calendar too. I haven't got one yet. :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this little calendar. :)

    ReplyDelete