I Made Something Different. Papercraft Star Challenge 26.

12.29.2010

I know that for most of you, creating a layout is not something different. Well for me, this is really different because I mostly create cards and other crafty projects. Today begins Challenge 26 over at Papercraft Star and I decided to create a layout based on the sketch.


To make this layout, I used papers from Crate Paper's Restoration line. In fact, everything on this page is from Crate Paper, except for the doily stamps. Those are Maya Road. I had so much fun creating this layout of some photos from when my daughter was little. She is growing so much and these photos feel like yesterday, even though these were taken eight years ago. Sigh! How I wish she would just slow down and not grow up so fast.  

I really enjoyed my trip down memory lane while creating this layout. I added machine stitching, some stamping, and hand journaling. I even antiqued all the photos using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and did some paper tearing. I love the look! 

I hope you will join in the fun with this challenge by entering your project over at Papercraft Star! You have until Saturday, January 1 at noon EST to enter your project. Then you all get to vote for your favorite project to be the winner of a fabulous prize! Here are the deets...


Create a papercraft project using this sketch as your inspiration.


Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to see what you'll create based on this sketch! 

Supplies Used:
Patterned Papers: (Restoration) Crate Paper
Embellishments: (Restoration) Crate Paper
Stamps: (Doilies Stamp Sheet) Maya Road
Ink: (Vintage Photo) Tim Holtz by Ranger
Alpha: (Giggles) Thickers by American Crafts

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Kim. I'm so loving the paper and the cute embellishments. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job with the layout! I'm really glad that you decided to do something that wasn't the norm for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're every bit as talented with layouts as cards Kim. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout, and what a darling child !! We are so glad to have you with us in the upcoming year, Kim - Happy New Year !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and congrats on joining us at ICS. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute layout, Kim, and your daughter is adorable! Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this layout Kim, it is absolutely adorable! I love the colors, the pattern paper... it's just great! Well done! Happy New Year! Regan

    ReplyDelete