Papercraft Star Challenge 23

12.01.2010

Today I am super excited for this post because it's my first project I've created for Papercraft Star as a Design Team member! This week we are playing along with Challenge 23 by creating some fun holiday tags. 


Creating these tags really got me in the mood for Christmas! I can't wait to use these for some gifts I will be giving away this season and the challenge at Papercraft Star was perfect to get me started on all my holiday gift wrapping! 

I used the Tag Sale 1 die cut from Papertrey Ink and adhered a simple strip of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. I just love the Alphabet Soup line - it's not a holiday paper, but don't you agree that the colors make it perfect for the holidays?

Next, I added some red velvet ribbon on the patterned paper. Then, I added layers of poinsettia blossoms in between layers of more patterned paper using my Beautiful Blossoms II die cut. Last, I stamped my sentiment and a row of adorable snowflakes!


Now it's your turn! Hop on over to Papercraft Star and play along! You have until Saturday, December 4, at noon (eastern standard time) to enter your project before voting begins! You are all invited to play along! Here are the deets...
Challenge 23: Create a Holiday Gift Tag Using...
Cardstock
Patterned Paper
Stamp and/or Die Cut (Cricut or Other)
Ribbon or Twine
Gems or Pearls

The winner of this challenge will have the chance to win some goods from Cari's Etsy shop, Lucky Girl Goods. She has some really pretty things in both of her shops: Lucky Girl Goods and Lucky Girl Gifts. Cari has also provided everyone with a generous 15% discount in her shops by entering code papercraftstar at checkout! Be sure to check out Cari's blog too - she has so much inspiration to share!


Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!

Cardstock: (Kraft Paper) Michael's
Patterned Paper: (Alphabet Soup) My Mind's Eye
Ribbon: (Red Velvet) Jo-Ann Fabrics
Sentiment: (Merry Little Christmas) Papertrey Ink
Stamps: (Frosties) Lawn Fawn
Die Cuts: (Tag Sale 1) (Beautiful Blooms II #1) Papertrey Ink
Flower: (Holiday Poinsettia) Prima Marketing
Ink: (Turquoise Gem) (Gingerbread) VersaMagic Chalk Ink
Pearls: (Light Blue) Mark Richards

11 comments:

  1. Kim these tags are gorgeous! I love the Poinsettia against the designer paper you used and that red velvet ribbon is fab!
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. The paper you used goes perfectly with the design. Love those poinsettias too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE kraft and red - your tags are wonderful. Great job on your first PCS challenge. Your blog is looking pretty great too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such happy tags! They're just so bright and cheery. Great job Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty, Kim! I love the aqua and red combo and that velvet ribbon is luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags Kim. They are nice and bright and crisp. I love that tag die and need to use it more myself. The use of the aqua/teal adds a nice pop to the traditional red. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tags! I love what you have done for your first challenge at Papercraft Star.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim these are just fantastic!! The flowers are great and I love the way the green and red pop against the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, I absolutely adore the color combo and how you composed these tags... they are so, so pretty. Beautiful work and I am so glad you've joined our team at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love these! I just came from Michaels and they are out of those Poinsettias. I was totally bummed. :)

    ReplyDelete