Re-Purposed Holiday Gift - Papercraft Star Challenge 24

12.08.2010

Hello everyone! Today we are playing along with Challenge 24 over at Papercraft Star and our Designer's have come up with some fun projects for you. This challenge is so fun and allowed me to get crafty AND create a fun holiday gift too! It's like a two for one! For this challenge, I was inspired to create a gift using a re-purposed item that I had around my home. Here is what I came up with...


I created this candy box by using a re-purposed package from a stamp set I bought over at Papertrey Ink. The clear boxes that their stamps come in are perfect to reuse and turn into something crafty! Since I've saved several of these boxes from all the stamps I've purchased, I will create more of these candy boxes to give away.


To create this candy box, I started with my package. I removed the label and washed the box in soap and water. After it dried, I decorated the box using papers from Crate Paper's Snow Days collection. I just love this paper line. The colors are untraditional, bright, and the images are so fun!


I used a large star-shaped die cut from Papertrey Ink and added three different layers of stamps to create the sentiment. In my stash I had the perfect ribbon that matched with the Snow Days paper and added some fun little silver bells!


After filling this box with candy and calculating the cost of supplies I used, this gift cost approximately $3.00 to make! How cool is that? 

Now it's your turn! Hop on over to Papercraft Star and play along! You have until Saturday, December 11, at noon (eastern standard time) to enter your project before voting begins! You are all invited to play along! Here are the deets...

Challenge 24: Papercraft Recipe
Green Recipe
Create an altered holiday gift, card or scrapbook layout
using recycled or re-purposed items you already have on hand.

The winner of this challenge will have the chance to win some goods from Purple Pumpkin, featuring handmade embellishments and kits. Be sure to stop by the Purple Pumpkin blog to see what's for sale.

Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!

Patterned Paper: (Snow Days) Crate Paper
Chipboard: (Snow Days) Crate Paper
Ribbon: (Robin Egg) MemrieMare
Stamps: (2010 Holiday Tags) Papertrey Ink
Die Cut: (Stars) Papertrey Ink

9 comments:

  1. What a great project! Can I have some chocolate!? LOL I love the colors and that blue ribbon looks gorgeous! Great gift idea and you can't beat $3!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to recycle. I love your candy box. I need to make some of these for sure. It's a wonderful gift idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful candy box Kimberly. I have a ton of those boxes and you have given me a great idea on how I can use them. The colors are fantastic (especially love the ribbon). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic gift/candy box Kim! The papers are just fantastic, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Kim! Wonderful recycled project. Who wouldn't like getting that and the papers and embellies you used are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea. I have a "box" of boxes. This is a wonderful idea for all my son's teachers. Perfect "little something" you want to give. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to get this candy gift box! It's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, I love how you repurposed this stamp box! It is the perfect size for those minis and is decorated so beautifully! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Kim - this project just showcases why we love you so much at Papercraft Star ! You are a STAR!!

    ReplyDelete