A Shabby Chic Birthday *CR84FN6*

12.06.2010



Hello everyone and happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. Maybe you were busy getting some Christmas shopping done? For me, I had a little birthday shopping to do. Of course, that meant another opportunity for me to create a card.

I decided to make this card very feminine which was easy for me to do. I just love pale colors and soft tones - they are very soothing. I found my inspiration for this card based on the CR84FN6 challenge over at Mona Pendleton's blog.


I really didn't have the perfect pale pink paper in my supply so I decided to create my own! I used Rustic Cream cardstock from Papertrey Ink to stamp a music sheet and some flourishes in Sweet Blush ink. I really love how this turned out and must remember to try this again!


To keep with the color challenge, I used a robin's egg blue ribbon, some peach lace, and a sweet little rose bud flower. I just love that yummy ribbon - very shabby chic!


And here is the inspiration photo for CR84FN6. The photos provided for this challenge are courtesy of Leslie at Creative Mint. I encourage you to visit Leslie's blog - it's stunning! Then, play along with Mona's color challenge. Thanks for stopping by!



Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) (Sweet Blush) (Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink
Stamps: (Mat Stack 1 Collection) Papertrey Ink; (Dot Flourishes) Inkadinkado; (Music Score) Stampendous
Die Cut: (Mat Stack 1) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Sweet Blush) Papertrey Ink; (Gingerbread) VersaMagic
Ribbon: (Robin Egg) MemrieMare
Flower: (Recollections)

4 comments:

  1. Kimberly, this card is so pretty and feminine! That framed sentiment looks wonderful and I love the pop of aqua with the ribbon and rose! Thank you so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty card. I love the background paper you created. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Kim!!! Love your take on Mona's colors! So soft and romantic! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and pretty, the lace addition is so romantic!

    ReplyDelete