Waltzingmouse Sketch 26

12.05.2010



Happy Sunday! I have lots of projects ready to share with you this week. Today, I want to share some mini Christmas cards I created based on sketch 26 over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. When I saw that the sketch required a circle shape, I thought it would be too challenging. I'm so glad I ended up playing along - creating a circle shaped card was easier than I thought. So easy, I decided to create a few of them to accompany some Christmas gifts I will be giving away. 


Aren't these cards too cute? I used a large 3" scalloped punch and cut out two pieces. I scored the back piece along the top to create the card's fold and adhered the two pieces together at the fold. Next, I cut out a smaller 2.5" circle with my Spellbinder die cut and embossed the edge. Last, I used an even smaller circle punch to cut out my patterned paper from The Girl's Paperie. The paper was double-sided, so I simply cut the circle in half and flipped one side over.


For the embellishment, I chose that cute little wreath stamp from Lawn Fawn and colored it with my Copic markers. I adhered to my card with foam tape, added some red pearls and some baker's twine around the top of the card.


For the inside of the card, I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment from the same Lawn Fawn stamp set. I finished the inside of the card by staining it with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I just love how these turned out! They are so small but the perfect size to adhere to a gift bag this Christmas season!

And here is the sketch from Waltzingmouse...thanks for stopping by!


Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink; (Red) Bazzil Basics
Patterned Paper: (Tinsel and Twig) The Girl's Paperie
Stamp: (Bows and Holly) Lawn Fawn
Baker's Twine: (Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink




6 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Perfect for what you are wanting to use them for. Love the colors too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wreath and twine - what pretty round cards! So glad you joined in with the WMS sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing!!!! Love that Lawn Fawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how darling Kimberly! Great job coloring that pretty wreath! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous, love the colors and that cute wreath, perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

    ReplyDelete