You're Sew Lovely

12.17.2010


Hello everyone! It's a rainy day here in California and the skies are grey, but this rain sure didn't stop me from making this bright and cheerful card today! I created this card for the contest over at the Lawn Fawn blog. When Kelly Marie said she wanted cards created using only one stamp set and no patterned paper, I gasped! No patterned paper? Okay, that is like asking me to make a card blind folded. Not that I couldn't make a card without patterned paper - it's just that it's the "go-to" item for me when I create cards. 


After giving myself a pep talk, this is the card I created. See! No patterned paper! I can't believe how pretty it turned out too. I am so giving myself a big pat on the back for letting go and stepping out of my comfort zone. The real reason for this challenge over at Lawn Fawn is to create a card using only one of the Lawn Fawn stamp sets. The winner will have their card featured in the Lawn Fawn booth at the January CHA show. How fun is that? For my card, I chose the Sew Lovely stamps. And it's no wonder Kelly asked for only plain paper...her stamps are so pretty they should be the only focal point!


I really like how the tan and pink cardstock from Papertrey Ink came together so well with the ink and Copic markers too. 


To mimic the sash around the dress form, I tied a beige crinkle ribbon to the right side of the card and completed the look with two little pins. Notice, the plaid embossing on the plain cardstock? I guess this is one way to follow the no patterned paper rules, without losing texture. Hee hee!


I used my Copic markers to color this dress in shades of pink. Can you believe I only used one pink marker? By coloring in several layers of one color, I was able to create different shades of pink. Last, I added a sweet little button accent to the corner of my card and adhered all the pieces with foam tape to make them pop!


So, what do you think of the card without any patterned paper? How many of you have tried this look? I'd love to know what you think. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Markers: (R20 Blush) (E00 Skin White) (E35 Chamois) Copic
Ribbon: MemrieMare

3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, Kimberly Anne. Really, really pretty. I just got this set in the mail yesterday and now I can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete