Blog Makeover and a Card

1.02.2011

With the New Year, I decided to give my blog a makeover! So yes, you are in the right place just in case you thought something looked different. Not only did I give my home a mini makeover by painting and rearranging, but I thought it was time to spiffy up my little blog too. I was going to hire someone, but knew I could do it myself. So I did! What do you think? I know it's not the fanciest, but it works (I hope). 

Today, I've also created a New Year's card to express my best wishes for everyone in 2011. I am playing along with Mona's new CR84FN Color Challenge blog - to use yellow, peach, and light pink.




I had a little fun using a banner streamer to create a pleated ruffle across my card. I found the streamer at a dollar store and it came with two in one pack. A super deal because you get a ton of it! Ok, that was my first tip for you in the New Year. Hee hee! Buy streamers!

I also wanted to wish Mona the best of luck on her new challenge blog. She has some beautiful creations and the new design team is amazing! To play along, just click on the image below.


Thanks for visiting me and Happy New Year!

Supplies Used for "Best Wishes" Card:
Cardstock: (Sweet Blush) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: 7 Gypsies; Webster's Pages
Stamps: (Mat Stack 2 Collection) (Calendar Basics) Papertrey Ink
Die Cut: (Mat Stack 2) Papertrey Ink
Buttons: (Sweet Blush) Papertrey Ink

11 comments:

  1. I would of never put those colors together. Great challenge colors. Your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your blog makeover looks stunning! Love the soft colors! Your card is fabulous! Love all the layers and the beautifully stamped & framed sentiment! Thanks for playing at CR84FN :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you spiff up your blog to match Mona's Color Challenge???!!! It is just Beautiful! Just like your card! LOVE the streamer idea! LOVE your half doily, too! Beautiful papers! THX for playing ith us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you card sure is pretty!!! The use of the streamer is so creative!!! Wonderful take on the color challenge! Thanks for playing with us at CR84FN!!!

    I do love your blog design! Did you use a digi kit? Great job and congrats on doing it all by yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Kim! I LOVE your new blog makeover. It is perfect. Not too much or little. I think the font and colors are exactly what I would have for me. I wish I knew how to do that stuff. ;)
    Thanks for playing at CR84FN!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card. I love the ruffle you've made and the sweet detail with the buttons. Great papers too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty, the added ruffle and doily worked wonderfully with your card. Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! The touch of the pleated ribbon below your sentiment is so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at the CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog makeover is Fab & beautiful. Love your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Kim! Love the ruffled streamer! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I've been to your blog, but must confess I don't remember what it looked like before - but it is beautiful now! Your card is just lovely, I really love everything about it! Thanks for joining CR84FN this week :)

    ReplyDelete