Boy's Birthday Card - Papercraft Star Challenge 29

1.19.2011

Today, begins Challenge 29 over at Papercraft Star. I am so excited about this challenge because I was able to play along by creating a birthday card for my son, which is later this month! He will be turning eight years old and this card and color combination fits his personality. I can't believe how fast he is growing! It's true...times flies!


I created this card using "Rex Loves Cake" digi stamp sponsored from Pink Cat Studio. And again, I am loving their fun images! I colored this little guy using Photoshop. I was able to match my colors to my patterned paper from My Mind's Eye by visiting their website and cloning the colors of the papers to fill the colors of the little dinosaur digi stamp. It's really a great way to match your image to your papers when you don't have the correct colors in your stash of markers. 

Use some or all of the colors below to create your project and include at least two of the following elements: Ribbon, Stamped Image, Embossing, and/or a Die Cut.


I hope you will join us at Papercraft Star for the challenge this week! You have until January 22 to submit your entry. The winner will receive a Gift Certificate from our Challenge Sponsor, The Scrapbooking Cottage. I've purchased items from their store and they have excellent customer service, fast shipping, and a good supplies of products to choose from. You'll love them!

Can't wait to see you creations! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used to Create "For the Birthday Boy" Card:
Cardstock: (Summer Sunrise) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Fine and Dandy) My Mind's Eye
Digi Stamp: (Rex Loves Cake) Pink Cat Studio
Sentiment: (Tiny Type) Cosmo Cricket
Die Cut: (Circle) Spellbinders

11 comments:

  1. What a cute little monster! I love the color combination:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this oh-so-cute card and you colored Rex so perfectly... he's adorable! You really used these colors well... another fantastic creation from you for our PCS Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kim. It is so adorable, I just love it! Happy (early) Birthday to your son, he will LOVE this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you colored the image digitally, too! Brilliant!! Your son will adore this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son is going to loooovveee this card. It's so cute. Love how you colored digitally. You are gonna have to do a tutorial on that soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card! You've done a fantastic job with the colours. Your papers are fabulous and everything works perfectly together!
    Happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so much fun, and probably perfect for an 8 year old. The green color in the eyes just cracked me up, great coloring and fun idea too !

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I'm totally clueless how to do what you did but it looks fantastic! :-) I really need to explore my Photoshop more. Your card is absolutely adorable Kim. Great paper choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally fun card Kim. Your son is going to LOVE it. I think what you did with the dinosaur is adorable. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim I just love the design of this card and the stamp. This is an awesome boys card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is too stinkin' cute! Your son will *love* it!! :o) And what a clever way to colour Rex in!

    ReplyDelete