Get Well Card - Papercraft Star Challenge 28

1.12.2011

Today kicks off Challenge 28 over at Papercraft Star and I am super excited about this one! Today, the Design Team has created cards based on a sketch from Liz Chidester. Again, Pink Cat Studio has sponsored the Design Team and I am loving the adorable images and quality of their digi stamps!



I decided to use the "Bunny Holding Flower" digi stamp to create this Get Well card. I colored the image using Photoshop to match the image with my purple papers and beige cardstock. Now if only I could color this good, I'd be set! Hee hee!


I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the image and embossed the edges. The "Get Well Soon" stamp is Sophie's Sentiments from Lawn Fawn. I thought the pretty font went perfect with this card.


For my last detail, I used a one inch circle punch to create the scalloped border below my ribbon. I used a double-layered flourish stamp to give it some detail and make it pop. Last, I tied it with some crinkle ribbon and placed two pretty pins. 


I hope you all get a chance to play along with us this week at Papercraft Star. The sketch was so fun and easy to play along with. And I can just imagine so many pretty styles that can be created from the sketch. Can't wait to see what you all come up with! Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies Used for "Get Well Soon" Card:
Cardstock: (Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Digi Stamp: (Bunny Holding Flower) Pink Cat Studio
Other Stamps: (Sophie's Sentiment) Lawn Fawn; (Spiral Bouquet) Papertrey Ink
Die Cut: (Labels One) Spellbinders
Ribbon: MemrieMare
Pins: Jenni Bowlin

8 comments:

  1. So many great things here! The circle punch border with that awesome double stamp. All that wonderful scrunchy seam binding with the beautiful stick pins. Hope that cute little bunny appreciates how well you "dressed" him. Great card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper cute Kim! I love the image and the color combo you used! I also really like the stamped scallop edge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever way to make the scallop edge! I love this card and the shabby ribbon with the pins is the perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors on your beautiful card. That bunny is adorable too. Stunning design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card Kim. The bunny is adorable and the ribbon is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is super cute! I love the image and the papers you used! It's beautiful!
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stamp is adorable and your card turned out wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the darling bunny! This card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete