Happy Valentine's Day

1.15.2011

Well, I am so excited for this weekend. This Monday is my birthday and also happens to be a holiday. That means we are hitting the road and heading out to Vegas to have a fun weekend away. Now, I am not about to tell you what birthday this is for me, but let's just say I will be another year older nonetheless. Before I hit the road, I wanted to share with you another Valentine's Day card I created and this one, I just LOVE!


I am loving the stamps over at Papertrey Ink (but who doesn't, right?).They have my favorite's and I love using them over and over in different ways. I had a fun time using a masking technique to stamp the tree branches and using different layers of color. Combined with staining the edges of this card, I really love the vintage look.


And don't you just love the crinkle ribbon? It's from Marilyn over at MemrieMare. I love her shop and the quality of her ribbon! Isn't it pretty?


Well, I have to cut this post short today. I still have to pack! Eek! Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I hope I hit the jackpot!

Supplies Used for "Happy Valentine's Day" Card:
Cardstock: (Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Lost & Found) My Mind's Eye
Stamps: (Love Birds) (Out On A Limb) Papertrey Ink
Distress Ink: (Vintage Photo) Tim Holtz by Ranger
Ribbon and Button: MemrieMare
Twine: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely cards is that!

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy Birthday Kim. Have fun in Vegas too! :) Gorgeous card. Love that birdcage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! The music patterned paper is just perfect with the birds. Lovely, lovely card!
    Happy birthday to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful creation, Kim. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a fabulous birthday Kim... sorry I was out of the loop and missed the big event! I gotta tell you I am a HUGE fan of your creations...but I do believe this is at the top of my list of favorites from you... you rocked this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, adorable card! Have a happy birthday! Hope you win big!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, Kimberly! Just ordered these branches myself, hope they will arrive to me, 'cause they are taking quite some time.. Love how you used the pink in there as well. You know how to use daring and bright colors!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete