Have Fun In the New Year! Papercraft Star Challenge 27

1.05.2011


Whoo hoo! The New Year is here and I am so excited to have a fresh new start. Now, I don't really participate in new year resolutions, but if I did, mine would be to celebrate the small stuff, enjoy it all a little more, and definitely have more fun in all that I do! That's something I wish I did more of in 2010.


This brings me to my latest creation for Papercraft Star. I created this card based on my new years resolution. It's light-hearted, a bit silly, and definitely fun! And the little owl goes perfect for my sillyness I intend on having this new year. 

For my card, I chose to use Hootie Pie Owl - a digi stamp provided by our sponsor, Pink Cat Studio. If you haven't checked out this website, I would recommend them. They have a large variety of fun little characters including digi stamps and rubber stamps too. And I'm not just saying this because they sponsored my card, but because they really are adorable (in my opinion). 

Now, it's your turn to participate in this week's challenge with us at Papercraft Star. Here are the deets...

Challenge 27 - New Year's Resolution Project

Make a card, layout, altered item, gift or home decor project using one of your New Year's Resolutions as your inspiration. Be sure to include the New Year's Resolution as part of your project description on your blog!

I can't wait to see what you'll create and learn about your New Year's Resolutions. Here's to wishing you all the best in twenty eleven! Now, I'm off to go have some fun (see, I'm sticking to my resolution already)! Hee hee!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: (Aqua Mist) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (Fine and Dandy True Blue) My Mind's Eye
Pearls: Zva Creative
Digi Stamp: (Hootie Pie Owl) Pink Cat Studios
Clear Stamp: (Bannerific) Lawn Fawn
Other: (Tiny Type) Cosmo Cricket; Markers: (Copic)

10 comments:

  1. How cute! The ow is so cute and I love the bling you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owl, the bling, the colors...Love it all. Super adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kim, you did a great job on this card! Could not get any cuter...yes I said cuter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim... your project is ADORABLE.... and I am SO IN LOVE with our new blog look too!! It TOTALLY ROCKS! Thanks so much for the great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new banner and am so impressed that you designed it! And, this card is adorable - fun image, great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too stinkin cute! He is adorable. I didn't have any New Year's rsolutions either. I hate to not live up to them so I just don't make any. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card!!! I have no resolution. I have a goal or two but that's about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card to start the New Year, with a fun fun resolution !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your card Kim! It's super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, Kim!! Too cute for words! :o)

    ReplyDelete