Love in the 'Burbs Mini Card - Lawnscaping Challenge

1.31.2011

Well I am ready for another day! So let's get it started by sharing a little card I created for the challenge going on over at Lawnscaping. The challenge this week is to scraplift a card created by the owner of Lawn Fawn stamps, Kelly Marie Alvarez. 

And of course, you may know from my recent posts that I am smitten with Lawn Fawn's stamps! In fact, you still have time to enter my blog giveaway to win a stamp set of your choice from Lawn Fawn right here.

I chose to create a cute little Valentine's Day card using the dog and cat from "Critters in the 'Burbs" stamp set.


I colored the dog and cat to look just like my own pets. Bailey is my little labradoodle puppy and Murphy is our newest addition tabby kitten. Bailey is our little spoiled princess of the house and Murphy, well, he too is the sweetest cuddle bug! I think the stamp set looks just like them and this card captures how the two of them are becoming close friends.


I used my Spellbinders die cut to create the circles and adhered them together to create the card base. These make the cutest little mini cards. Don't you think? 


I also added an embossed circle to the inside of the card - perfect for adding a little love note!

And here is the card that I chose to scraplift from Kelly Marie herself...


Supplies Used for "Love in the 'Burbs" Card:
Cardstock: (Spring Rain) (Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages and Pink Paislee
Stamps: (Critters in the 'Burbs) (Sophie's Sentiments) Lawn Fawn
Hearts: Recollections from Michael's
Twine: Papertrey Ink
Markers: Copic

8 comments:

  1. So adorable. Love the circle shape. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! This was one of my fave Kelly Marie cards!! She's so inspiring, this is a pretty easy challenge... I say as I haven't posted my card yet... hopefully tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness, this is so amazing. The card is just gorgeous. I love the details and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Circle cards are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so CUTE! Love the shading on the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this card is super adorable! I adore it! I especially love how you've colored the kitty. Orange and white tabbys are my favorite! They make me think of a creamcicle! :o) Thanks so much for playing along! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. LOVE! I love the shaped card and I loved that you added an embossed circle to the inside! You picked the perfect patterned paper for your card! This is fabulous. Thank you so much for playing along in the Lawnscaping Challenge this week! Good luck!! And we hope to see much, MUCH more of you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is too sweet for words, Kim -- I love it!! :o) Please give Bailey and Murphy big hugs and belly scratches for me!! :o)

    ReplyDelete