Scalloped Flower Tutorial

1.06.2011

Hi everyone! I hope everything finds you well this evening. Tonight, I want to share a super easy tutorial I created and posted over at the Papercraft Star blog. These scalloped shaped flowers can be whipped up in just a few minutes and can easily be added to almost any project from cards, to layouts, even on little gift boxes! I really love how you can add any sort of embellishment to dress them up or keep them simple.

Here's how:

Supplies: 

  • Your favorite paper (double-sided is best)
  • Glue (I used Elmer's Glue because it showed best for my photo but worked like a charm.)
  • Scalloped Circle Punch (or any circle punch would do just fine)
Step 1. Punch out nine circles using a scalloped shaped circle punch.


Step 2. Set aside one of the scalloped circles. Fold each of the remaining eight circles in half, three times each. Each piece will look like a small triangle wedge.


Step 3. Apply a generous amount of glue to the scalloped circle that you had set aside in step 2.


Step 4. Adhere each folded piece to the glue, starting in the center and working your way around the edge. It should come together and look similar to a sliced piece of pie. Let it dry.


Step 5. Once the glue has dried, you can add buttons, brads, small flowers, or any other embellishments you want. Just have fun and get creative!


Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I'd love for you to try making these flowers and tell me what you think. You'll enjoy creating them - no muss, no fuss!

And don't forget, there is still time to enter your New Year's Resolution project with us at Papercraft Star. The winner will receive a fabulous prize from our sponsor, Catherine Pooler and all entries will have a chance to win our Grand Prize sponsored by Pink Cat Studio

That's all I have for tonight, but I will be back tomorrow. Have a great evening!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial. The flowers are cute and easy to make, I'm goning to keep this in mind.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! This is a great tutorial! I can't wait to make some! TFS, Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tutorial. Gotta give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tutorial is wonderful Kim! I love how the flowers turned out. I think the blue one is my favorite. :-)
    Thanks so much for all the sweet comments you've left on my blog. I really appreciate them more than you know. I really like to see your creations too. You have such a crisp and clean style. All your cards always look so professional.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! Thanks for the tutorial! I just sent a Stylish Blogger Award your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great and easy to follow tutorial! Thanks.
    Lovely blog design:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for this great tutorial. I have been wanting to make paper flowers for ages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kim, I just made one of these for a layout I'm working on. Your tutorial was very easy to follow. I love LOVE how it turned out, so adorable. Thanks again for doing this for PCS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, thank you again for doing this amazing tutorial on such short notice!! I think we got more hits on this at the blog than we've gotten on any other post (well, except for those where we were giving away prizes!) :-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, thanks again for this flower tutorial. I have used it again and linked it to here. Hope you don't mind! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, I made the flowers today -supersimple! the only problem I had was that I only have a 3" scalloped punch. The flower is pretty big and the folds are thick. Prob look better on a layout rather than card. Anyway, next time I will use smaller scalloped pieces or non-scallop. What size are your in the tutorial? Thanks. Suzieq23

    ReplyDelete