Stylish Blogger Award

1.08.2011

Hello everyone! I just received this award from Jean Martin from Stampin Scrapper. I have been following Jean's blog for some time now and was so surprised when she started following mine, plus gave me this award. Jean, you're too sweet and I just love your cards and style!

I also received this award from Tarynne who just happens to live in the city next to mine. Who knew I'd find such a close neighbor while traveling through the blog land. She has a super fun style that always make me feel happy. Thanks, Tarynne for the award. It made my day and I am so happy to have found a blogger and crafter in my neck of the woods.


Rules that accompany this award: 
  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this.
  2. Share 8 things about yourself.
  3. Pay if forward to bloggers that you have recently discovered.
8 Things About Myself:
  1. I have lived in the same town my entire life. That sounds boring, but I love California and the perfect weather year-round.
  2. When I was little, I wanted to become either a store merchandiser or a photographer for store catalogs. I still love browsing them to this day and look for new trends and styles. 
  3. I secretly wish to act/sing in a theatrical play (not that I have the talent for this). Darn, now it's not a secret!
  4. My favorite food is chips and salsa with guacamole. 
  5. I was once an antiques dealer who sold vintage toys. 
  6. Even though I am only 30 something, I love big band music and bluegrass (but I love every type of music).
  7. I wish I could wear my favorite sandals and jeans to work everyday.
  8. If I ordered a coffee at Starbucks, it would be a Venti White Chocolate Mocha with an added shot. At Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, it would be a large 3 shot Caramel Latte. 
Wonderful Bloggers I've Recently Discovered (in no particular order):
  1. Viola - she has the "creme de la creme" shabby chic style. Her cards have layers of details that I always try to take all in whenever I visit her blog. I love all the vintage details she adds, the staining and distressing, and the textures of her creations. 
  2. Chan - I found Chan in Papercrafts Magazine and was really drawn to her cards. I found her blog and was immediately impressed at her clean and simple style. And she can trim and cut around any detail on any stamp! I don't know how she does it so perfect! 
  3. Lindsay - she has such a great eye for placement of embellishments. I really love all the bright colors she uses on her cards and how each card she creates is different from the last. I wish I knew how she thinks of all these gorgeous designs. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Kimberly! I am honored that you would bestow this award on me! Loved learning about you a little and will have to take a better look at your lovely creations! Thank you again for the recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love California too. I used to live in San Diego. My oldest in in college there. Love the weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear! You're awesome to say so many nice things about me... it's amazing that I'm such a little kid, and people still care and appreciate my work... thank you again!

    many hugs,
    Vio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for giving me this blog award, Kim!! I'm honoured!! :o) And thank you for your super-kind words, too -- I'm smiling from ear-to-ear! :o) Your blog is beautiful, and your cards are amazing -- truly awesome! Big hugs! :o)

    ReplyDelete