Sweet Confections - CR84FN Color Challenge 12

1.23.2011

I'm back! I haven't disappeared. And no, I didn't win BIG in Vegas for my birthday either. Ha ha! Life was just really busy this past week. Including welcoming our newest family member into our home. We have adopted a beautiful tabby kitten named "Murphy". He was bottle fed and had no mommy, but because he is used to humans taking care of him, he is a total SWEETHEART. I melt every time I see him and he wants to just sit next to me. Plus, he is the purriest (is that a word?) kitten I have ever heard. In fact, he is sitting at my desk, napping as I type this.

Our Labradoodle sure had fun this week meeting our newest family member. They have been playing all over the house and it's been a blast to see them interact. I just love it! So that's been part of my busy week.

Now that I'm back I wanted to share with you a card I created for Challenge 12 at CR84FN


This week's color challenge was to use the colors light pink, lavender, and kraft. Check, check, and check! I just had to use these colors to break out my Waltzingmouse Rescue Remedies stamp set and create a fun Valentine's Day inspired card. I just love these stamps. The font is amazingly gorgeous! 


I lightly inked my stamp label by using a light pink Copic marker to highlight and give my label some pop. Then finished it by adding some lavender colored bling. I love the softness. 


I also stamped the inside of my card and placed a small hand-punched heart on the inside to replicate the outside of my card. Here is the color inspiration for this week's challenge. Ah! Simply gorgeous. Thanks Mona, for another pretty challenge. 


Now I must be going. I have an adorable little kitten who is purring away. How can I resist him any longer? 

Supplies Used for "Sweet Confections" Card:
Cardstock: Kraft (Sweet Blush) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle
Ribbon: MemrieMare
Label Stamp: (Rescue Remedies) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Button & Twine: Papertrey Ink
Inside Stamp: (Love Bird's) Papertrey Ink

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Valentine Kim! Love how you stamped the WM image using purple ink and added color! Love the lacy doily peeking out from behind! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable! I love purple! And so neat to have a new family member! We have a cat that purrs soooo loud! It's crazy! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is BEAUTIFUL with your FAB new stamps! LOVE the PRETTY inside, too! Also i LOVE your kitty story. I have 2 kitties and they love to create with me! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous!! I really like the way the stamp has two colours to it - very effective! And so many beautiful details with the doily, fab bow and sweet button! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kim!! Congratulations on getting Murphy, I love his name!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Kim! Sweet pink and purple label and beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sweet as candy. Love the pretty papers you used and that WM stamp is perfect. :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! The Heart doily looks lovely behind your image! Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love this card! Its so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I just say that I think a tabby named Murphy is just ADORABLE?! I love this card, and I really love how you shaded the WMS image - it really makes it pop! Thank you so much for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, this card is totally SWEET!!! What a beautiful card! Absolutely fabulous use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN!!! Hope you'll join us again next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous, gorgeous card!! The details are just fabulous and I love the label.
    Congratulations on your newest addition to the family, too!

    ReplyDelete