Tissue Paper Flower Tutorial

1.13.2011

Today at Papercraft Star I have another easy-to-make flower tutorial to share! Last week, there was an awesome response from readers at PCS and on my blog. It made my day to visit your blogs and see the flowers you created using my tutorial for scalloped flowers. I spotted the flowers created here on Kristina's blog, on Denise's blog, and Sue's blog - each did an awesome job and all were so unique.

Based on your response, I'm sharing another one of my favorite flower tutorials just for you. This is just about the easiest flower you can make, uses no glue, and can be done in minutes!

Supplies:
  • Scalloped punch or circle punch (any size)
  • Tissue paper of any color or pages from a book (I used both types for this tutorial)
  • Small brad or staple 
  • (Optional) Glimmer Mist

Step 1. Punch out approximately 10 layers of tissue paper. To save time, you can fold the tissue paper first into several layers and punch once. Insert a brad in the center to keep all the layers together. (You can also use a staple because this piece won't be visible after the flower is complete.)


Step 2. Using your fingers, crinkle one layer at a time up towards the center. This is the fun part because it does not have to be perfect. The messier, the better!


Keep at it until all the layers are crinkled into a small cluster, like so...


Step 3. Using your fingers, carefully peel open the layers until the flower blossom is open to the size you want.


Step 4. (Optional) Spray your flower blossom with Glimmer Mist for some sparkle and color. I love how the Glimmer Mist adds a gradient to the petals!


The end result will give you big beautiful blossoms with lots of layers. Perfect for embellishments on your cards, layouts, or crafty projects!


 Just add a spot of glue or foam tape, adhere to your project, and viola! You're pretty flower just saved you a pretty penny because you created it yourself for a fraction of the cost!


I hope you all get a chance to create one of your own Tissue Paper Flowers. If so, let me know here in the comments section - I'd love to stop by your blog's to see how they turned out!

While your at it, there is still time to enter your project for Challenge 28 at Papercraft Star. The winner of the challenge will receive an awesome prize from our sponsor, Pink Cat Studio. Super cute digi stamps I know you'll love. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used to Create "Congrats on New Little Bundle" Card:
Cardstock: (Spring Rain) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (So Sophie) My Mind's Eye
Stamps: (Signature Greetings) (Mat Stack Collection 1) Papertrey Ink
Glimmer Mist: (S.W.A.K.) Tattered Angels
Die Cut: (Mat Stack 1) Papertrey Ink

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love those flowers! Thanks again for another great tutorial:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again what a great idea for flowers. I'm going to keep this one in mind. I think I've still got some colored tissue paper I saved when I got a gift that was wrapped in it. Would be great to use it for these flowers.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim. Love this tutorial. Must try this one for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing!! I LOVE this technique and cant wait to try it ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I have made these before and they are so cute. I love using different papers and tissue papers too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fantastic tutorial Kim! Your flowers turned out beautifully and the one on your card is the perfect touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These flowers are beautiful and fun! I have made them with scrap paper but never with tissue or book pages, Great idea! TFS, Regan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim,
    Thanks so much for this clear tutorial. I tried to make a flower today and am thrilled with the results!
    I've just posted a picture of the card I created on my blog: http://smallbitsofpaper.blogspot.com/2011/01/thank-you-card.html.
    Thanks again!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is yet another awesome tutorial... you've been VERY popular over at PCS with your tutorials... I might have to convince you to do even more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks easy enough for me to try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete