Cheerful Card & Gift Box

2.24.2011


Last night I got crafty! I created a little gift set for a new co-worker where I work. She starts on Monday and we are all very excited to have her join our team. My other co-workers and I teamed up and are planning on having a small little breakfast bar to welcome her. 

I thought I would use my crafty skills (haha...don't laugh) to create a card and a gift box filled with candy and sitting on her desk when she arrives on Monday. Aren't we a thoughtful bunch? I thought so too!

So here is what I created...


I wanted to create a bright and happy card for her because that's the type of person she appears to be. You'll notice I added a small half of a doily and my scrunchy seam binding ribbon in Candy Apple that I created (and is available in my Esty shop at 30% off....little plug there...hee hee), and some rhinestones across the top. 

I used the same patterned paper to create another mini gift box. You can see the tutorial on how to create your own gift box at my post here


I really needed the right sentiment for this card, but my stamp supplies just didn't have what I needed. So, I created my own! I opened up a Photoshop document measuring 2" x 2", typed up my sentiment, printed, and used a 2" circle punch to place on my die cut. 


Well, I hope this card and gift box make our new co-worker feel welcomed. It's really a blessing to have a new person join us. Hope you enjoyed my little crafty-gifty-gift and feel inspired to make a quick gift for someone too!

Oh! And if you haven't done so already, you can still enter to win my current blog giveaway - any item of your choice in my Etsy store. I will announce the winner on Monday, February 28.


Supplies Used for "So Happy You're Here" Card & Gift Box:
Cardstock: (Vintage Cream) (Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: background and box (Quite Contrary line) My Mind's Eye; scalloped flower, October Afternoon
Ribbon: (Candy Apple) by Kim Duran
Twine: (Baker's Twin) Papertrey Ink
Flowers: Recollections
Stamp & Die Cut: (Mat Stack Collection 1) Papertrey Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment