Layers of Thanks - Inspirational Card Sketches 101

2.08.2011


Good morning! It's time for another challenge at Inspirational Card Sketches! This week we have a lovely sketch that I really enjoyed playing along with. I thought of several different ways I wanted to use the sketch but I settled on this shabby little Thank You card.


I love the way stitching looks on cards, so I added lots of stitching around the patterned papers. To complete the look, I stained the edges of my card to give it a vintage shabby kind of look. I just love the bright colors - they remind me of warm summer days. I can't wait for the weather to warm up. And by the weather reports around the country, I am sure you all can agree that a nice sunny day would be just lovely!


Here is the sketch we are playing along with and what I used to create my card. 

Feb 8th Sketch

I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week at Inspirational Card Sketches. You are welcome to flip the sketch, rotate, or embellish away. Just as long as we see part of the sketch in your creation, you're good to go! 


Supplies Used for "Thank You" Card:
Cardstock: (Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Urban Prairie) Basic Grey
Flower: (Recollections) Michael's
Twine: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
Stamps: (Calendar Basics) (Giga Guidelines) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Vintage Photo Distress Ink) Ranger


8 comments:

  1. Love this little card Kim! The colors are so eye pleasing and the stitching is a great touch. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The patterned paper, stitching, and that flower are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Kim...love the stiching and inking and the flower too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stitching and the three layers are so pretty together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous..... love the way those colours work so well together.... wow! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my . . . I came over from "Makin' Cute Blogs" and so glad I did. You have a freaky cute blog and I love all your creations. Such sweet and inviting colors here. And this card is just gorrrgeous. I hope you'll come play at the Catered Crop challenge - would love to have you and another excuse to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card Kim! It is totally gorgeous!
    TFS, Regan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, I love the different papers you mixed together! :)

    ReplyDelete