New Sketch Challenge Opens!

2.16.2011



The Papercraft Star Design Team has been busy creating projects this month using stamps from our sponsor, My Favorite Things along with fabulous sketches from Liz Chidester. Today, opens a new challenge and like last week, Papercraft Star is giving away some super cool prizes to the challenge winners from none other than the coolest marker company I can think of - Copic Marker!

I only wish I could win more markers, but alas, I am not eligible [sad face]. But you are! Just play along with the challenge this week and you could be a winner!



I found this adorable "You Make the Grade" stamp set over at My Favorite Things Stamps. And I think it's just a cutie pah-too-tie! Don't ya' think? 

I used my Copic markers to color this stamp and applied a paper piecing technique to create her sweater. Now she reminds me of Bill Cosby and the Huxtables....remember how they always wore those sweaters with the patterns and bright colors? 

My last little detail is my favorite part! But darn that my camera did not pick it up - so you'll have to use your best imagination to see it because I applied Glossy Accents over her red shoes and hair clip. Now it looks like she is wearing adorable Mary Jane shoes! Oh how I wish I had shoes like this when I was a little girl!


Here is the sketch we are playing along with at Papercraft Star. I hope you join us because not only will you get a chance to win Copic Markers this week, but at the end of the month, the Grand Prize winner will receive a 12 piece set of Ciao Markers! That's HUGE! 

The challenge is open now and will close on Saturday, February 19 at noon (eastern time). Then, the voting begins! See you all there!





Supplies Used for "A+" Card"
Cardstock: (Spring Rain) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Alphabet Soup) My Mind's Eye; (Cherry Hill) October Afternoon
Stamp: (You Make the Grade) My Favorite Things Stamps
Ribbon: MemrieMare
Twine: (Pure Poppy Baker's Twine) Papertrey Ink
Markers: Copic
Other: Glossy Accents

9 comments:

  1. Awe, she is so cute. Love her sweater. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Kim!!! This card is GORGEOUS and adorable all at the same time! I am such a fan of your work! Super cute and fun.. LOVE it! Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I love EVERYTHING about this card!! You really knocked it outta da park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and I'm a big fan of glossy accents for shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sweater (and the Cosby show too)...LOL. Your card is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so darned cute Kim! I love everything you've done here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, this is lovely. I love the combination of copic use and the paper-piecing. This card is truly fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, the Huxtables, but I think I also owned this outfit. This is just about the cutest I have seen this image done, one of my most favorite cards of yours !! If you look at the special stamp issue of Paper Crafts mag that is out right now, this same little gal appears - but I think your card is WAY better, woo hoo YOU !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is very cute. The stamp is adorable! And I really like how you used the ribbon and the baker's twine - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete